Advanced diagnostic hospital in South Bay
Laboratory tests play an important role in understanding your overall health and diagnosing certain conditions. At Regional Medical Center of San Jose, we provide fast and accurate tests in our laboratory on an inpatient and outpatient basis. Our team is experienced in a variety of diagnostic specialties, including hematology and immunology.
To learn more about our laboratory services, call our Consult-A-Nurse® team at (888) 762-8881.
Regional Medical Center of San Jose is accredited by the College of American Pathologists for our clinical laboratory services. This accreditation reflects our commitment to providing top-quality laboratory services in the San Jose area.
Laboratory services we offer
Our laboratory tests are crucial in diagnosing conditions, from cancerous tumors to autoimmune diseases. We offer comprehensive services in the following fields:
- Blood transfusion: Replenishes blood supply with donated blood through intravenous (IV) therapy. This may be recommended for patients with conditions, such as bleeding disorders, sickle cell disease and anemia.
- Chemistry: Includes general chemical testing, such as toxicology, therapeutic drug monitoring, tumor markers and infectious disease testing.
- Hematology: Studies diseases and disorders in the blood, such as anemia, leukemia and lymphoma.
- Immunology: Used to diagnose a range of immune disorders, as well as to evaluate cancerous disorders of blood and lymphoid cells. We also study the body's response to a variety of biological changes.
- Microbiology: Studies and identifies microorganisms (such as bacteria and viruses) in the blood and body fluids that can cause infectious diseases.
Outpatient laboratory testing information
Laboratory services are performed 24/7, and outpatient testing is available Monday through Friday from 6:00am to noon. For more information about our lab services, please call Admissions and Registration at (408) 259-5000, ext. 2828.
Outpatient fax number: (408) 729-2877
Clinical pathology department
Pathology is the study of the causes and effects of diseases, such as cancer. It plays a vital role in the diagnosis, research and treatment of diseases. Our pathology department offers a wide range of testing services, including:
- Cytopathology: Studies the cause of diseases on a cellular level using liquids or tissue from the body. A Pap smear is one of the best-known examples.
- Specialized immunohistochemical staining: Studies the cause of diseases using a tissue-staining technique to identify abnormal cells, such as cancerous tumors.
- Surgical pathology: Involves surgically removing tissues to help identify the cause of a disease and determine the best treatment plan.
The pathology department is staffed 24/7 by an on-call pathologist. Pathologists are also on-site Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm.
To reach our pathology department, please call (408) 259-5000, ext. 2370
Pathology department fax number: (408) 928-7048
Histology is the microscopic study of body tissues and their structures. It can be helpful when diagnosing certain diseases and conditions. The histology department is staffed Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm by a licensed histotechnologist and/or a pathologist laboratory assistant.
To reach our histology department, please call (408) 259-5000, ext. 2198.