Updated: March 23, 2021
Current visitor policy
Regional Medical Center of San Jose is committed to the safety of our patients, staff and physicians. We also recognize the presence of family and friends can be essential to the healing process of our patients.
In alignment with a declining prevalence of COVID-19 cases in Santa Clara county, we are making the following modifications to our current visitor policy:
- 1 adult visitor per patient
- Visitation hours: 8am to 6pm
- Main entrance: 5am to 3pm, Monday through Friday
- Emergency room entrance: Open 24/7
Non–essential vendors are not permitted in the facility.
Hospital entrance screening
To reduce the spread of respiratory illnesses, we are continuing to follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines to better protect our patients, staff and you.
We have limited our entry into the hospital so that our team is able to screen everyone for travel history, fever or respiratory symptoms.
If you are experiencing any symptoms of illness, you may be asked to reschedule your hospital visit until you are symptom-free.
Our emergency room is still open and receiving patients. If you are experiencing an emergency, please proceed to the emergency department entrance.
Thank you for your patience and support in reducing the spread of germs and protecting the health of our patients, staff and you.
The health and safety of our patients is our top priority, and our hospital continues to be a safe place to receive care. Multiple patients have asked or requested information on what to do if they are sick, or have COVID-19 concerns.
- If you are having a medical emergency, call 911 or proceed to our Emergency Department.
- If you are presenting with potential COVID-19 symptoms, please contact your physician for instruction on medical care and potential testing.