The Highest Quality in Patient Care
Whether you are an inpatient, outpatient, employee or physician, you can count on receiving rapid and precise diagnostic services from Regional's Clinical Laboratory Department. Our experienced team of Clinical Laboratory Scientists understand that an accurate diagnosis is critical to a patient's evaluation and treatment. With a full range of services - from bedside testing to outpatient and full-service trauma center laboratory testing - you can expect to receive the highest quality in patient care.
Regional's Clinical Laboratory Department is a full-service laboratory with an extensive test menu. The laboratory operates 24 hours a day, 7 days per week, and is available to outpatients Monday - Friday from 6:00am - 6:00pm, and Saturdays from 7:00am - 3:30pm.
Our services include:
- Hematology: Hematology is the study of disorders of the formed elements of the blood, such as anemia, leukemia and lymphoma, employing a variety of complex study tools, including molecular methodology.
- Chemistry: This includes general chemical testing such as toxicology, therapeutic drug monitoring, trace element analysis, tumor markers, hepatitis and other infectious disease testing.
- Microbiology: Clinical microbiology is the study, identification and antibiotic sensitivity of microorganisms known to cause infectious diseases. Clinical microbiology focuses on rapidly and accurately identifying microbial diseases found in blood and body fluids.
- Blood Transfusion: Provides blood components for transfusion in addition to consultation for patients with immune hemolytic anemia, hemolytic disease of the newborn and specialized testing to ensure safe transfusions for patients with antibodies to red cell antigens.
- Immunology: Immunology methods are used to diagnose a range of disorders of the immune system, as well as to evaluate malignant disorders of blood and lymphoid cells. Autoimmune disease, infectious diseases, malignant lymphomas, as well as the response of the body to a variety of biological changes are studied.
Quality Care is Number One
Providing quality patient care is our number one priority. Quality control measures are in place to evaluate all testing methodologies. Internal and external quality measure dashboards are reported to a variety of committees and regulatory agencies. Regional Medical Center Laboratory is accredited by the College of American Pathologists and the American Association of Blood Banks.
Our team of clinical laboratory scientists, lab assistants, phlebotomists and office staff are well-trained. Pathologists are also available for consultation at any time. Phlebotomy is performed only by persons licensed by the State of California to perform venipuncture, and specimen testing is performed by California-licensed Clinical Laboratory Scientists. Competency assessment for all staff members is required annually.